Counselor Education MA

 Hide Hide preferences menu.

College : Education and Human Performance Degree :MA
Department : Child, Family and Community Sciences Option : N/A
Program Websites :


The College of Education and Human Performance offers CACREP accredited graduate degrees in Counselor Education (with tracks in School Counseling and Clinical Mental Health Counseling) and Marriage, Couple, and Family Therapy.  The School Counseling track is designed for the student who plans to seek certification as a professional school counselor in Pre-K through post-secondary school settings. The Clinical Mental Health Counseling track prepares students for licensure in mental health counseling and to practice in agencies, private practice, and other settings. The Marriage, Couple, and Family Therapy program prepares students for licensure in marriage and family therapy and to practice in agencies, private practice, and other settings.

Application Requirements

For information on general UCF graduate admissions requirements that apply to all prospective students, please visit the Admissions section of the Graduate Catalog. Applicants must apply online. All requested materials must be submitted by the established deadline.

Applicants must choose a track (i.e., School Counseling or Mental Health Counseling) in this program. Applicants for the Marriage and Family Therapy program should apply to that program by selecting this program alphabetically from the listing.  Tracks may have different requirements. 


Graduate students may receive financial assistance through fellowships, assistantships, tuition support, or loans. For more information, see the College of Graduate Studies Funding website, which describes the types of financial assistance available at UCF and provides general guidance in planning your graduate finances. The Financial Information section of the Graduate Catalog is another key resource.


Fellowships are awarded based on academic merit to highly qualified students. They are paid to students through the Office of Student Financial Assistance, based on instructions provided by the College of Graduate Studies. Fellowships are given to support a student’s graduate study and do not have a work obligation. For more information, see UCF Graduate Fellowships, which includes descriptions of university fellowships and what you should do to be considered for a fellowship.